Application Process Changes
The City of Arvada is dedicated to continuous improvement that helps to better serve our customers and community. These process enhancements will significantly help our development review team better support the application review process.
- Development applications must be uploaded to arvadapermits.org by midnight on Sunday nights. This applies to both first time submittals and re-submittals.
- Applications received by midnight on Sundays will begin the four week "Standard Review" process on Monday morning and will be returned no later than the fourth Friday following the Sunday deadline.
- Applications will be accepted on other days of the week with the review process beginning on the following Monday.
Public Hearing and Administrative Cases
- Public Hearing cases may be resubmitted three weeks following staff comment release, reducing the wait time from four weeks to three.
- Public Hearing cases will now follow the "Standard Review" process, reducing processing time of most of these cases by at least four weeks.
- Administrative cases may be resubmitted anytime following the release of staff comments.
Planner of the Day Services
In addition, "Planner of the Day" services on Wednesdays will be limited to reviewing over the counter permits for signs, fences, and similar projects, and for processing other routine requests. Requests that require additional research and analysis will be processed by one of our planners on the next business day.
Community and Economic Development 720-898-7435.
- by Community and Economic Development