Before you can apply for a City of Arvada Special Event Permit: In order for the City of Arvada to complete the processing of a special event permit (SEP), we are requiring that you complete, and have approved, a Jefferson County Public Health (JCPH) Large Event and Venues Plan Application (Form 3620). The approved form should be submitted to the City as an addendum to your SEP application. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in your request for a SEP to be denied. Even though JCPH only requires the form to be filled out for events greater than 175, the City is requiring the form to be submitted for ANY event that requires a SEP with the City of Arvada. In the event that future public health orders further limit attendance at special events or if health protocols are not followed at your event, the City of Arvada reserves the right to not approve or cancel your SEP.
Planning an event outside of Olde Town? If you have not already read the guidelines for applying for Special Event Permits, please be sure to do so. You'll find information on races, park events, and more.
Before You Begin
The following rules apply to all special events held in Olde Town
- Olde Town Square - There is no vehicle parking allowed on Town Square
- Olde Town Fountain - Fountain remains open to the public. Exceptions may apply.
- Sidewalk Chalk - Sidewalk chalk is not allowed to be used on surfaces in Olde Town.
- Electrical Outlets - Electricity is not available
- Generator - Generators cannot be placed on turf
- Petting Zoos - No petting zoo animals are allowed on turf
Checklist for Special Event Permits in Olde Town
Items You will Need
Items You Will Need If
Items You May Need After Review
Applies to All Events
Online Application Process
Time: Application must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the event but not MORE than 12 months prior to the event.
Cost: There is a non-refundable $100 application fee (additional fees may apply).
Payment Types: Online with Visa or Mastercard. Some fees may require payment by check.
The City of Arvada uses eTRAKiT for the Special Event Permit application process.
- New to eTRAKiT? View our log in instructions and eTRAKiT application guide.
- Returning User? Login to the eTRAKiT application.
For information on the Special Event permitting process, please contact Community Development at 720-898-7435 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- by City Manager