Volunteering at the Nature Center
Our mission is to provide environmental education and interpretive sciences to our community. Staff and volunteers work towards this mission by teaching public programs, leading interactive activities, attending outreach events and more.
The Nature Center encourages volunteers to share their passions and connect families with nature. As everyone has their own special knowledge or skill, all volunteers are welcome.
Volunteers must be ages 13 or older. Younger persons may accompany an adult volunteer and must be supervised at all times-other limitations may apply.
Want to help with trail maintenance in the park? Consider Adopt a Trail programs and get more info at arvada.org/adopt-a-trail.
What Is The Commitment?
- Complete the volunteer application and background check. You can find these forms in Resources. Bring them to the Nature Center once you have them filled out to get to know us!
- Commit to least 3 hours (one shift) per month.
- Provide an email and/or phone number for scheduling purposes and updates.
*All volunteer positions require a background check due to interaction with kids
Please contact us if accommodations are needed for school requirements or other needs.
What Are The Benefits?
- Enjoy quarterly socials to share ideas and connect with our volunteer family.
- Invitation to the Nature Center's Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast if you complete 15 hours of service throughout the year.
- Invitation to the City of Arvada’s Volunteer Event if you complete 40 hours of service throughout the year.
- Receive staff pricing or free programs at the Nature center
- Earn a gem sticker to display on their name tag to show your passion and volunteer experience after every 250 hours of service.
Who Do We Need?
- Hosting-Volunteers engage with visitors during public hours and programs, typically needed on a Saturday.
Friends of the Garden-Volunteers help our garden grow! This is typically needed during spring and summer.
Teaching-Volunteers teach a variety of programs, as they relate to nature and science. This is needed year-round, especially in late spring and fall on weekday mornings.
Events/Outreach-Volunteers plan, present, and help with our larger events and outreach booths. Events include Arvada Trails Day, Harvest Day Parade, World Turtle Day and others as scheduled.
Creatives-Volunteers design the wall displays in the Nature Center by highlighting a monthly nature topic in a fun, interactive way.
Social/Communications-Volunteers can create social media posts, take photos of the park, or help with other communication tasks. Check out our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to see what we've been up to!
Have a special skill? Contact us for more information on how you can still help!
- Main Phone Number: 720-898-7405
- Address: 7030 Garrison St. Arvada, CO 80004
- Social Media: @MajesticViewNC on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter