We know that nothing can fully replace the experience of in-person learning, especially in a nature space that allows for opportunities to connect with our environment. So we created and collected learning units, virtual learning resources, tools, and activities that promotes environmental education and interpretive sciences for our community.
Majestic View Learning Units
Missed out on a program or field trip with us? We've adapted a few of our favorite programs to to your backyard. Each link contains a video, investigative and project prompts and many additional offline activities (Google Folders). Get outdoors, stay safe, and have fun!
- My Five Senses (ages 4-8)
- Insect Investigation (ages 6-10)
- Who Polluted the Water? (ages 8-14)
- Seed, Leaf, Grow (ages 4-8)
- Printable coloring sheets from Color Our Collections or search #ColorOurCollections
- PBS Kids activities, parent guides, games and more
- iNaturalist mobile app/website- Citizen Scienctist projects in a variety of parks, including Two Ponds NWR
- Colorado Corridors Citizen Science Project (older kids to adults)
- Water Quality Backyard Activity Guide
- 7 crafts to get kids into birding from Bird Life International
- What's Good in My Hood: 5-unit investigation booklet
Free Subscriptions & Blogs
- Things to do in nature- USFW Rocky Mountain Arsenal Website links
- 63 Easy Science Experiments for Kids Using Household Stuff
- Colorado Parent Digital Editions
Want to support our programs while we're closed? The Nature Center is eligible to receive charitable donations, so we made our donation box virtual (online/contact-less payments only during this time). If you are able and willing, your support while we adapt our services ensures that we will continue to be able to work towards our mission and is greatly appreciated. We wish that you and your family stay safe, stay healthy and we will be able to see you soon!