Now Open: Danny Kendricks West Park and Farmstead Park Playgrounds
On June 4, 2018, Arvada City Council approved a resolution to proceed with playground renovations at Danny Kendricks West and Farmstead Parks. These all-new playgrounds are themed for fun and creative play! Farmstead Park is designed with a farm theme, while Danny Kendricks West embraces our heritage with a Pioneer West theme. Time to go get active! Both parks re-opened Monday, October 8. Please note minor cosmetic work will continue in the next few weeks but the playgrounds will remain open for play. See Photo Gallery Below.
Stenger Sports Complex Playground Renovation
On June 19, 2017, City Council approved a resolution to proceed with renovation of the playground at Stenger Sports Complex. The all-new playground incorporates physical, sensory, and inclusive play activities promoting movement, social interaction and FUN! The project is made possible by Arvada Parks' Taking Lasting Care Capital Maintenance Program. The playground is now open! See Photo Gallery Below.
Van Bibber Creek Trail: Trailside Activity Area
What's new along Van Bibber Creek Trail, west of the new Kipling Underpass? An activity station and rest stop just opened along one of Arvada's premiere Regional Trails, the Van Bibber Creek Trail. Funded in part with a Jefferson County Open Space grant, a shaded picnic area and series of fitness equipment offers amazing views of Harold D Lutz Baseball Fields as well as foothill and mountain vistas as you exercise or relax. Ride your bike or take a walk to explore Arvada's newest recreational destination. See Photo Gallery Below.
Parks Generated by Residential Development
Residential development in Arvada is required to help offset the recreational demands generated by new residents and contribute toward Arvada's Park System. Completion status of new parks generated by residential development as follows:
Olde Town Area:
- Stocke-Walter Park complete (6804 Grandview Ave)
Leyden Rock Development:
- Lookout Park complete (17630 W 84th Pl)
- Daybreak Park complete (16684 W 86th Ave)
- West Ridge Park in construction; anticipated completion 2018 (W 85th & Culebra St.)
Whisper Creek Development:
- Whisper Creek Park 95% complete (13952 W 89th Pl)
- Panorama Park Phase 1 complete; Phase 2 not yet scheduled (9032 Gladiola St)
- Church's Crossing Park complete (19871 W 94th Ave)
- Cimarron Park complete (15801 W 93rd Pl)
- Maverick Mesa Park complete (16960 W 94th Ave)
- Sarah George Park complete (16136 W 94th Dr)
- Haystack Plateau Park in construction; anticipated completion 2018 (18114 W 93rd Dr)