The right to a trial by jury is provided for in both the United States and State of Colorado constitutions. Jury service was established as a check on the exercise of governmental power and dates back to 1215 and the Magna Carta. If you are summoned, it is because there are pending cases in the City of Arvada for which jury trials have been scheduled. Serving on a jury is an opportunity to participate directly in our democracy.
If You Receive a Juror Summons
If you receive a Juror Summons in the mail from the Arvada Municipal Court, you are required to:
- Call 720-898-7151 between 3 and 5 p.m. the day before the appearance listed on the summons to learn:
- If your service IS required, please report to the Municipal Court at 8101 Ralston Rd. Upon arriving at the court, please check in with the court clerk.
- If your service is NOT required, you will be excused from Juror Service.
The length of a jury trial in the Municipal Court is typically one day; it is rare, but possible, that a case may last longer.
Requesting Disqualification from Juror Service
You are disqualified from serving as a Juror in Arvada Municipal Court if one or more of the following apply:
- You are no longer a resident of Arvada.
- You are not a citizen of the United States.
- You cannot read, speak and/or understand the English language.
Please notify us the reason you do not qualify for Juror Service by calling 720-898-7150 (choose option 4) within 7 days of receiving your summons. If you are no longer residing in Arvada, in addition to calling the phone number listed, you will be required to fax (720-898-7164) or email (email@example.com) your latest utility bill showing your name and new address.
Requesting to Be Excused from Juror Service
If you cannot appear because...
- You are ill or injured, your doctor must provide written notice.
- You are scheduled to be out of town, you must provide proof in the form of a travel itinerary, airline tickets or leave request from work.
Proof of excusable absence can be faxed to the Arvada Municipal Court at 720-898-7164 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Main Telephone Number:
- Street Address:
8101 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002
- by Judicial (Municipal Court)