The Arvada Festivals Commission sponsors, coordinates, plans and works with community-based organizations on festivals of community-wide celebration by promoting activities consistent with public celebration. These events include the Winter Fest, High Tea for Seniors, Kite Festival, Arvada on Tap and Arvada Days. Meets generally on the third Wednesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. in the Anne Campbell Room at City Hall, 8101 Ralston Road. This is a volunteer appointment. Terms are for three years. You must be a resident of the City of Arvada to apply. NOTE: A background check will be required before serving on this Commission.
Arvada Festivals Commission members participate as active volunteers in putting together current festivals and events as well as helping to create new ones for the City and citizens of Arvada. Members are expected to be active in the Commission and participate in meetings and events. It is important for the success of the Festivals Commission that the members have the desire, willingness and time to devote to Commission planning and events. We are a group that takes great pride in what we have accomplished and we look forward to even greater things for our city in the future. Responsibilities include:
- Regularly attend at least 7 of the 11 monthly meetings scheduled in the calendar year;
- Participate in the planning of at least two of the Commission’s events by attending sub-committee meetings for these events or operational committees (this is in addition to the regular monthly meetings);
- Volunteer to work and actively take part on the day of at least two additional Commission events;
- Maintain and submit Commission documentation as necessary (volunteer hours, budgets, sub-committee meeting notes, etc.).
There are currently 9 vacancies on the Festivals Commission.
For more information about the Festivals Commission, please contact Adelle Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by Vibrant Community and Neighborhoods & Parks, Golf and Hospitality