The City of Arvada's curfew ordinance for juveniles can be found in the Arvada Municipal Code at 62-151 through 154. Anyone under 18 years of age is prohibited from being in a public place after 10 p.m. on Sunday thru Thursday nights, and after midnight (12 a.m.) on Friday and Saturday nights. The curfew is in effect until 6 a.m. the following morning.
The exceptions are:
- Accompanied by a parent or someone over 21 who has legal custody of the juvenile;
- Going to, or returning directly home from, a school activity;
- Returning directly home from lawful employment;
- Attending or returning directly from an activity involving the exercise of first amendment rights of free speech, freedom of assembly or freedom of religion;
- In a motor vehicle with parental consent for normal travel.