2019 Boards and Commissions Application Information
Residents looking to have a voice in the public policy and decisions that affect Arvada are encouraged to consider applying to one or more of these boards that have vacancies for 2019:
- Arvada Arts and Culture Commission
- Arvada Festivals Commission
- Arvada Golf Advisory Committee
- Arvada Park Advisory Committee
- Arvada Sustainability Advisory Committee
- Arvada Urban Renewal Authority
- Board of Adjustment
- Human Services Advisory Committee
- Transportation Committee
Important: The application process involves two steps.
Step 1: Complete the General Application (online or download).
Step 2: Choose up to three boards that you would like to apply for and complete the Supplemental Questions for each of those boards and/or commissions (online or download).
Applications are due in the City Clerk’s Office by NOON on Monday, January 14, 2019.
Your application materials can be submitted in either of the following methods:
- Complete the Online General Application and up to three Online Supplemental Questions (using electronically submitted Google forms)
- Download, print and complete the General Application form (PDF) AND the Supplemental Questions (PDF). The completed forms can then be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 720-898-7515, brought or mailed to the City Clerk’s Office at 8101 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002.
Step 1: Complete the General Application
To begin the application process, please chose one of these options to complete the General Application form:
Online General Application
If you would prefer to download and fill out the application, please Download 2019 Boards and Commissions Application Form
Step 2: Complete the Supplemental Questions
The boards and/or commissions listed below have vacancies in 2019.
Please choose up to three that you would like to apply for and complete EITHER the online Supplemental Questions OR download the Supplemental Questions. While you may apply for up to three boards and/or commissions, you may only serve on one at a time.
Application Deadline and Interview Process
Applications, along with the Supplemental Questions for up to three of the specific boards and/or commissions you would like to be considered for, are due in the City Clerk’s Office by NOON on Monday, January 14, 2019. You may also submit a short resume, although it is not required. If you choose to submit a resume, please email it to email@example.com.
Please understand that this recruitment process takes quite a while. Applications will be reviewed in mid-January and interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of February 25, 2019. Appointments to boards will be made in April. Please note that for the majority of these boards, Arvada residency is required. Background checks are also required to serve on certain boards and committees.
Citizens are limited to 10 – 12 years of service per board or committee. Applicants are considered for appointment regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability. Most of the boards and commissions require you to be a resident of the City of Arvada.
If you have any questions, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 720-898-7550.