Skip Main Navigation
Ask Arvada Logo

Returning Guests

You can check on the status of any requests you've made by signing into Ask Arvada. First time users need to report an issue before receiving sign-in information.

Sign into Ask Arvada

Download the Mobile App!

image of the app opened on a phone

Streets And Transportation Ask Arvada


There are two active railroad lines through Arvada. The Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) line is located south of Ralston Road and the Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR) runs diagonally through the northern part of the city. The City of Arvada does not regulate the frequency of trains or the volume of train horns in our city. Matters concerning trains are regulated by the Federal Railroad Administration at

The City currently has four "Quiet Zones" at the Pierce St., Kipling St., W 72nd Ave. and Simms St. crossings on the UPRR tracks and is working with the UPRR on four additional Quiet Zones at Lamar St., Olde Wadsworth, Carr St. and W. 66th Ave. Quiet Zones are designed so that train operators are not required to use the train horn when approaching the crossing. Quiet zones are allowed because of the improvements made to the crossings, but there is no way to fully eliminate the horns. All of the crossings on the BNSF line will eventually become Quiet Zones with the operation of the G Line commuter rail.

If you are looking for information on the G Line, visit

If you have comments, questions, or concerns about general train operations, quiet zones or railroad/street intersections you may submit a service request or call 720-898-7740.

Need More Information?

If the above did not address your question, explore our website for articles, documents, and more. You can also submit a Service Request 24/7. You can also visit our Department Directory or connect with us on Facebook and more.

Search for trains information

There is much more to explore! Search will find the best matches in 998 information articles and 5,278 files.

Submit Request for trains

First-time Users: You'll have the opportunity to create an account when you submit a request or simply sign-in with Facebook.


Ask Arvada is not monitored 24/7. If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call 720-898-6900.