Skip Main Navigation
Ask Arvada Logo

Returning Guests

You can check on the status of any requests you've made by signing into Ask Arvada. First time users need to report an issue before receiving sign-in information.

Sign into Ask Arvada

Download the Mobile App!

image of the app opened on a phone

Streets And Transportation Ask Arvada

Illegal Dumping and Spills

Protecting Arvada's streams from illegal dumping is critical to maintaining a healthy environment. Accidental spills and illegal dumping should be addressed as soon as possible.

Here is a list of ways to handle spills or illegal dumping:

  • Call 911:
    • For accidental hazardous spills such as chemicals, oil, or gas.
    • If you witness illegal dumping of hazardous materials. 
  • Call 720-898-7820 for:
    • Nonhazardous spills.
    • Foam* in streams that is more than a few inches high and has a perfume scent.
  • Kitty litter or other absorbent can be helpful in cleaning up small spills, but the absorbent must be swept up and disposed of in the trash. 

*Some foam or suds in the stream is natural, especially as snowmelt runoff occurs in the spring accumulating along shorelines and river banks, and in coves and eddies. Foam from silt or erosion is usually a dirty brown color amd smells like fish or earth. In contrast, foam from detergent will have a noticeable perfume smell. Natural foam is often seen in early morning and is usually gone by midday.

If you have specific questions about dumping, please submit a service request.  

This information was brought to you by the Utilities Department.   

Need More Information?

If the above did not address your question, explore our website for articles, documents, and more. You can also submit a Service Request 24/7. You can also visit our Department Directory or connect with us on Facebook and more.

Search for illegal dumping information

There is much more to explore! Search will find the best matches in 998 information articles and 5,278 files.

Submit Request for illegal dumping

First-time Users: You'll have the opportunity to create an account when you submit a request or simply sign-in with Facebook.


Ask Arvada is not monitored 24/7. If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call 720-898-6900.