Skip Main Navigation
Ask Arvada Logo

Returning Guests

You can check on the status of any requests you've made by signing into Ask Arvada. First time users need to report an issue before receiving sign-in information.

Sign into Ask Arvada

Download the Mobile App!

image of the app opened on a phone

Streets And Transportation Ask Arvada

Street Lights

Maintenence and Repairs

The City of Arvada and Xcel Energy partner to provide lighting for city streets. If there is a damaged or burned out street light in your neighborhood, please report it to Xcel at 800-895-4999.  

Report Outdoor Lighting Outage or Repair Issue with Xcel 

New Street Lights 

Requests for new streetlights are reviewed by the City's Engineering Division. Staff will determine the best location for the street light and request a cost estimate from Xcel Energy. If no cost is involved and the affected residents are in agreement, the street light is scheduled for installation. If cost is involved, residents must provide payment for the new street light prior to its installation. Xcel Energy can also be contacted at 1-800-895-4999. To request a new street light please submit a service request to the City of Arvada.  

Need More Information?

If the above did not address your question, explore our website for articles, documents, and more. You can also submit a Service Request 24/7. You can also visit our Department Directory or connect with us on Facebook and more.

Search for street lights information

There is much more to explore! Search will find the best matches in 998 information articles and 5,278 files.

Submit Request for street lights

First-time Users: You'll have the opportunity to create an account when you submit a request or simply sign-in with Facebook.


Ask Arvada is not monitored 24/7. If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call 720-898-6900.