Skip Main Navigation
Ask Arvada Logo

Returning Guests

You can check on the status of any requests you've made by signing into Ask Arvada.

Sign into Ask Arvada

Sewer And Wastewater Ask Arvada

Sewer Odor Problems

If you experience sewer odor problems in your house, pour two to three gallons of water slowly down the floor drain in the basement.  This will refill the P-trap which is intended to block sewer odors from entering the house from the service line.  Open windows to vent the effected area.  If the odor does not dissipate within several hours, call the Wastewater Division at 720-898-7770 between 7:00am and 3:30pm, Monday through Friday, or 720-898-7820 after hours, holidays and weekends. Crews will be dispatched to investigate.  If you have further questions please submit a service request.

This information was brought to you by the Utilities Department.

Need More Information?

If the above did not address your question, explore our website for articles, documents, and more. You can also submit a Service Request 24/7. You can also visit our Department Directory or connect with us on Facebook and more.

Search for Sewer Odor Problems

There is much more to explore! Search will find the best matches in 1,331 information articles and 5,162 files.

Submit Request for Sewer Odor Problems

First-time Users: You'll have the opportunity to create an account when you submit a request or simply sign-in with Facebook.


If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call 720-898-6900.