Skip Main Navigation

Sewer And Wastewater Ask Arvada

Sewer Service Line Problems

The sanitary sewer service line is the responsibility of the property owner up to and including the connection to the city-owned main sewer main. The Wastewater Division will locate service connections at the City main line. If your sewer backs up and will not drain, call the City of Arvada first -- City Wastewater Division personnel will respond promptly to determine if the City's sewer main is the cause of the sewer backup.  Our response time to your call is generally within an hour.  If the City sewer main is not a problem, we will recommend that you then call a plumber or sewer drain cleaner to remove the blockage in your sewer line. If your plumber cannot unplug the stoppage in your sewer line, give the City another call, we may be able to help.  For further information please submit a service request or call 720-898-7770 during weekdays between 7:00am and 3:30pm. After hours, weekends, or holidays, call 720-898-7820. 

This information was brought to you by the Utilities Department.

Submit a Service Request


If your Ask Arvada request pertains to a specific location (other than your address), please include details here. If a location is not relevant to your request, leave this field on Not Applicable.

Special Information (Required)


Please provide as much detail as possible. Do not include sensitive information (passwords, banking account numbers, credit card information, etc.).

Agree and Submit
By submitting this form, you are agreeing that you have not included any sensitive information such as passwords, social security numbers, and banking details. You are acknowledging that you are aware that the data contained in this form is being transmitted through GovOutReach, the tool that the City of Arvada uses to manage requests.

Check Your Request

Login to Ask Arvada

If you submitted a request, you'll get e-mail updates. You can login to Ask Arvada anytime to see the status of your request.

Public Safety and Emergencies

If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call dispatch 720-898-6900.