Skip Main Navigation

Police Department Ask Arvada


You are considered a runaway in the State of Colorado soon as your parents report you to the police as a runaway.  There is no time limit by which you must be missing.  Age/history/etc sometime dictate when the police accept a runaway report vs. taking a more proactive role (possible child abduction).

Parents are held legally responsible for the safety and welfare of their children.  Therefore, they should report their child as a runaway unless they are confident the child is living in a safe and satisfactory environment.

This information was brought to you by the department of Public Safety.

Check Your Request

Login to Ask Arvada

If you submitted a request, you'll get e-mail updates. You can login to Ask Arvada anytime to see the status of your request.

Public Safety and Emergencies

If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call dispatch 720-898-6900.