Skip Main Navigation
Ask Arvada Logo

Returning Guests

You can check on the status of any requests you've made by signing into Ask Arvada.

Sign into Ask Arvada

Insurance Ask Arvada

Claims against the City

If you believe you have a reason to file a claim against the City of Arvada, you will need to submit a letter to the Risk Management Division.

This letter may be hand written or typed and must include the following information:

  • A clear statement that you are filing a claim against the City of Arvada;
  • A short synopsis or description of the incident;
  • Details surrounding the incident including the date, time, location of the incident; type and extent of damages; estimates for repairs or actual cost of items damaged;
  • Police report number if applicable;
  • Your current mailing address and phone numbers for both the daytime and evening hours;
  • Copies of any bills, estimates, or documents that apply to your claim;
  • Your signature 

Mail your claim letter to:

City of Arvada

Attention: Risk Management

8101 Ralston Road

Arvada, CO 80002

No one from the City of Arvada or any of its employees or representatives can admit or deny liability/financial responsibility for any claim other than Risk Management. A representative from Risk Management will be in touch with you directly. If you have further questions or concerns, please submit a service request or contact us at 720-898-7590 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please note that a claim may not be filed through a service request, a letter must be submitted to the Risk Management Division.

This information was brought to you by Finance.

Need More Information?

If the above did not address your question, explore our website for articles, documents, and more. You can also submit a Service Request 24/7. You can also visit our Department Directory or connect with us on Facebook and more.

Search for Claims against the

There is much more to explore! Search will find the best matches in 1,328 information articles and 5,162 files.

Submit Request for Claims against the

First-time Users: You'll have the opportunity to create an account when you submit a request or simply sign-in with Facebook.


If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call 720-898-6900.