Skip Main Navigation

Housing Assistance Ask Arvada

Community Development Block Grant Funds (CDBG)

The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides annual grants on a formula basis to entitled cities and counties to develop viable urban communities.  This helps to provide decent housing and a suitable living environment, and to expand economic opportunities, principally for low and moderate income persons. These grants are called Community Development Block Grants or CDBG. The City of Arvada administers the program and determines which local projects receive funding.

 Applying for CDBG Funds:

The City solicits applications for use of CDBG funds from eligible organizations each year a CDBG grant is to be received by the City.  A City screening committee reviews those applications and makes recommendations to the City Council about which should be funded and the amount to be provided.  Application forms and related information are provided in the City website for viewing and download.  Organizations wishing to be placed on a waiting list to receive a funding application packet when available can call 720-898-7496.  Normally, such an organization will be requested to send a letter to the City Housing Preservation and Resources Division which identifies their organization and contact information and requests that it's name be placed on the list to receive an application packet when available.

For more information, contact the Housing Division at 720-898-7496.

This information was brought to you by Community Development.  


Submit a Service Request


If your Ask Arvada request pertains to a specific location (other than your address), please include details here. If a location is not relevant to your request, leave this field on Not Applicable.

Special Information (Required)


Please provide as much detail as possible. Do not include sensitive information (passwords, banking account numbers, credit card information, etc.).

Agree and Submit
By submitting this form, you are agreeing that you have not included any sensitive information such as passwords, social security numbers, and banking details. You are acknowledging that you are aware that the data contained in this form is being transmitted through GovOutReach, the tool that the City of Arvada uses to manage requests.

Check Your Request

Login to Ask Arvada

If you submitted a request, you'll get e-mail updates. You can login to Ask Arvada anytime to see the status of your request.

Public Safety and Emergencies

If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call dispatch 720-898-6900.