Skip Main Navigation

Hazardous Waste-air And Water Pollution Ask Arvada

Old/Used Paint

Old or used paint may be donated to a local church, shelter, or school.  If you are unable to donate the paint, the Rooney Road Recycling Center located at 151 South Rooney Road accepts paint.  There is a $20 fee to take materials to the Center so collect other unwanted household chemicals (mineral spirits, insecticides, pesticides, etc.) and call 303-316-6262 because a reservation is required.  Or, for those unable to drive to the facility an appointment can be made for the material to be picked up at your home for$30.  If the paint is latex (water base) it may be disposed of in the regular trash if it is allowed to completely dry out.  If you do not want to spend the time to dry the paint, you can mix the latex paint with kitty litter and then dispose of it in the trash.

This information was brought to you by the Utilities Department.

Check Your Request

Login to Ask Arvada

If you submitted a request, you'll get e-mail updates. You can login to Ask Arvada anytime to see the status of your request.

Public Safety and Emergencies

If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call dispatch 720-898-6900.