Skip Main Navigation

General Ask Arvada

Special Events – Sales Tax

Special events are licensed at the event level, so individual participants do not require their own business license. Special events include craft shows, trade shows, farmers markets, festivals, auctions and any other special event where sales are made within the City of Arvada.

Certain Special events may require a Special Event permit, which is administered by the Community Development Department. Please contact Community Development at 720-898-7435.

The event coordinator is responsible for contacting the Revenue Office, distributing Special Event forms, and providing a list of participants and their contact information to the Revenue Office.
Please contact the Revenue Office at 720-898-7100, option 1 with any further questions.

This information was brought to you by Finance.


Submit a Service Request


If your Ask Arvada request pertains to a specific location (other than your address), please include details here. If a location is not relevant to your request, leave this field on Not Applicable.

Special Information (Required)


Please provide as much detail as possible. Do not include sensitive information (passwords, banking account numbers, credit card information, etc.).

Agree and Submit
By submitting this form, you are agreeing that you have not included any sensitive information such as passwords, social security numbers, and banking details. You are acknowledging that you are aware that the data contained in this form is being transmitted through GovOutReach, the tool that the City of Arvada uses to manage requests.

Check Your Request

Login to Ask Arvada

If you submitted a request, you'll get e-mail updates. You can login to Ask Arvada anytime to see the status of your request.

Public Safety and Emergencies

If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call dispatch 720-898-6900.