Skip Main Navigation

Employment Benefits Ask Arvada

Obtaining a work permit for under 16

Work permits are not required by Colorado law. Any employer desiring proof of the age of any minor employee or prospective employee may require the minor to submit an age certificate. Age certificates are issued by or under the authority of the school superintendent of the district or county in which the applicant resides. Colorado ID's can be obtained at the Denver Motor Vehicle for a fee.

Please check for more information.

This information was brought to you by Human Resources.

Check Your Request

Login to Ask Arvada

If you submitted a request, you'll get e-mail updates. You can login to Ask Arvada anytime to see the status of your request.

Public Safety and Emergencies

If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call dispatch 720-898-6900.