Skip Main Navigation
Ask Arvada Logo

Returning Guests

You can check on the status of any requests you've made by signing into Ask Arvada.

Sign into Ask Arvada

City Ordinance & Code Enforcement Ask Arvada

Recreational Vehicles Parked on Streets

Recreational vehicles are not allowed to be stored on a public street.

Sec. 54-174. Parking, storage and use of major recreational equipment. The Model Traffic Code is hereby amended to read as follows:

(a) The city council hereby finds and declares that the extended parking of major recreational equipment on any street, highway or roadway is detrimental to the public health, safety and general welfare of the citizens and of the municipality, and that regulation of such parking on streets, highways or roadways is a permissible regulation of the aesthetics of the community.

(b) No major recreational equipment shall be parked or stored on any street, highway or roadway for a period in excess of 72 hours within any seven (7) day period of time within the city. No such equipment or any vehicles shall be used for living, sleeping or housekeeping purposes while parked on the streets, highways or roadways within the city.

(c) For the purpose of this section "major recreational equipment" shall be defined to mean boats, boat trailers, travel trailers, motorized dwellings, tent-trailers and hauling trailers.

(d) This section 514 shall not apply on state highways within this municipality.

To ask a question or make a request on this topic, please submit a service request. For more information, contact the Code Enforcement Division, 720-898-7465.

This information was brought to you by Community Development.    

Need More Information?

If the above did not address your question, explore our website for articles, documents, and more. You can also submit a Service Request 24/7. You can also visit our Department Directory or connect with us on Facebook and more.

Search for Recreational Vehicles

There is much more to explore! Search will find the best matches in 1,328 information articles and 5,162 files.

Submit Request for Recreational Vehicles

First-time Users: You'll have the opportunity to create an account when you submit a request or simply sign-in with Facebook.


If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call 720-898-6900.