Skip Main Navigation

City Ordinance & Code Enforcement Ask Arvada

Obstructions on Streets, Sidewalks, and Crosswalks

Sec. 94-2. It is unlawful to obstruct any public street, sidewalk, or crosswalks.  Obstruction of sidewalks and crosswalks.

(a)  No person shall occupy any crosswalk or any private crossing or cross over the sidewalks by any animal or vehicle or both for a longer time than may be necessary to cross the same.

(b)  No person shall place upon any sidewalk or crosswalk any wagon, cart, vehicle, animal or other thing which will obstruct the use of the sidewalk or crosswalk.

To ask a question or make a request on this topic, please submit a service request. For more information, contact the Code Enforcement Division, 720-898-7465.

This information was brought to you by Community Development.

Submit a Service Request


If your Ask Arvada request pertains to a specific location (other than your address), please include details here. If a location is not relevant to your request, leave this field on Not Applicable.

Special Information (Required)


Please provide as much detail as possible. Do not include sensitive information (passwords, banking account numbers, credit card information, etc.).

Agree and Submit
By submitting this form, you are agreeing that you have not included any sensitive information such as passwords, social security numbers, and banking details. You are acknowledging that you are aware that the data contained in this form is being transmitted through GovOutReach, the tool that the City of Arvada uses to manage requests.

Check Your Request

Login to Ask Arvada

If you submitted a request, you'll get e-mail updates. You can login to Ask Arvada anytime to see the status of your request.

Public Safety and Emergencies

If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call dispatch 720-898-6900.