Skip Main Navigation
Ask Arvada Logo

Returning Guests

You can check on the status of any requests you've made by signing into Ask Arvada.

Sign into Ask Arvada

Building Permits And Licenses Ask Arvada

Building Permit Requirements and Fees

Building permits are required to erect, enlarge, alter, remove, demolish, or repair any structure in the City of Arvada.  Electrical, mechanical, and plumbing permits are required for almost every project.  Building permit fees vary according to the type and value of construction.  The electrical, mechanical, plumbing permit fees are based upon the value of the work with a minimum fee of twenty six dollars. Permit or fee information may also be obtained in the Building Inspection Division located in City Hall, at 8101 Ralston Road, or by calling 720-898-7620.

New underground water service lines and sewer service lines outside the building and water or sewer mains are handled by the City of Arvada Engineering Division.  The phone number is 720-898-7640.

This information was brought to you by Utilities Department.

Need More Information?

If the above did not address your question, explore our website for articles, documents, and more. You can also submit a Service Request 24/7. You can also visit our Department Directory or connect with us on Facebook and more.

Search for Building Permit

There is much more to explore! Search will find the best matches in 1,328 information articles and 5,162 files.

Submit Request for Building Permit

First-time Users: You'll have the opportunity to create an account when you submit a request or simply sign-in with Facebook.


If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call 720-898-6900.