Skip Main Navigation
Ask Arvada Logo

Returning Guests

You can check on the status of any requests you've made by signing into Ask Arvada.

Sign into Ask Arvada

Animals Ask Arvada

Dead Animal On Or Along Roadway

Unfortunately many wild and domestic animals are killed on our roadways every year by cars.  Also, many wild animals die from natural or predatory causes.  Never handle a dead animal without protective gear such as gloves or an inverted trash bag.

Dead animals on roadways:

Dead animals on the roadway can be a hazard.  If you see a dead animal please note the location of the animal and call non-emergency police dispatch at 720-898-6900.  A police dispatcher will advise the Animal Management Officer to pick up the carcass.

Dead animals in your yard:

If you have found a dead wild animal in your yard you can dispose of it yourself,  submit a service request or call the Animal Management Office at 720-898-6850 for pick up.

This information was brought to you by Public Safety.

Need More Information?

If the above did not address your question, explore our website for articles, documents, and more. You can also submit a Service Request 24/7. You can also visit our Department Directory or connect with us on Facebook and more.

Search for Dead Animal On Or

There is much more to explore! Search will find the best matches in 1,331 information articles and 5,162 files.

Submit Request for Dead Animal On Or

First-time Users: You'll have the opportunity to create an account when you submit a request or simply sign-in with Facebook.


If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call 720-898-6900.