Skip Main Navigation
Ask Arvada Logo

Returning Guests

You can check on the status of any requests you've made by signing into Ask Arvada. First time users need to report an issue before receiving sign-in information.

Sign into Ask Arvada

Download the Mobile App!

image of the app opened on a phone

Animals Ask Arvada

Barking Dogs

This system is not monitored 24/7. This request will be addressed during regular hours of M-S 8am to 5pm. For urgent, active, in-progress complaints on barking dogs, please call non-emergency Dispatch at 303-980-7300 and hold for an operator to report.

It is unlawful for any owner or custodian of an animal to allow that animal to create a disturbance by loud, persistent, or habitual barking, howling, yelping or other unreasonable noise.

What Could be Considered "Nuisance" Barking?
Examples of barking that​ ​could be considered a nuisance​ include:

  • A dog barking for 20 minutes straight during the morning, day, or evening.
  • A dog barking for more than 10 minutes straight during the night.


How Can I File a Complaint?
If you wish to file a barking dog complaint, you must provide an exact location of where the dog lives, a description of the animal, and the dates and time frames the dog barks. Additionally, you must leave your name, address and phone number. You may call us at at 720-898-6850 or submit a service request. Find more information: visit Barking Dogs.

Need More Information?

If the above did not address your question, explore our website for articles, documents, and more. You can also submit a Service Request 24/7. You can also visit our Department Directory or connect with us on Facebook and more.

Search for barking dogs information

There is much more to explore! Search will find the best matches in 998 information articles and 5,278 files.

Submit Request for barking dogs

First-time Users: You'll have the opportunity to create an account when you submit a request or simply sign-in with Facebook.


Ask Arvada is not monitored 24/7. If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call 720-898-6900.