Skip Main Navigation
Ask Arvada Logo

Returning Guests

You can check on the status of any requests you've made by signing into Ask Arvada. First time users need to report an issue before receiving sign-in information.

Sign into Ask Arvada

Download the Mobile App!

image of the app opened on a phone

Animals Ask Arvada

Animal Cruelty/Neglect

Animal Management investigates all complaints of animal neglect or cruelty. While it is important to have witness information to prosecute these cases, it is not required and officers will respond to anonymous complaints.

What to report:

  • Any intentional act of cruelty such as abandonment, harassment or torture.
  • Failure of the owner or custodian of any animal to provide adequate food, water, shelter, opportunity for exercise, socialization, grooming, and veterinary care.
  • The transport of any animal in an open bed truck in such a manner as to permit the animal to jump or be thrown from the vehicle.

To report violations of neglect or cruelty please submit a service request or call 720-898-6900.

Need More Information?

If the above did not address your question, explore our website for articles, documents, and more. You can also submit a Service Request 24/7. You can also visit our Department Directory or connect with us on Facebook and more.

Search for animal cruelty/neglect information

There is much more to explore! Search will find the best matches in 998 information articles and 5,278 files.

Submit Request for animal cruelty/neglect

First-time Users: You'll have the opportunity to create an account when you submit a request or simply sign-in with Facebook.


Ask Arvada is not monitored 24/7. If you are experiencing a safety, medical, or other emergency, dial 911 on your phone. Do not submit a service request. For non-emergency public safety issues, call 720-898-6900.