Administers City's property, liability, workers compensation insurance and self-insurance program, and City's safety and loss program.
The Risk Management Division also processes claims against the City as well as property claims on City-owned property. Example of a claim against the city: Let's say a citizen comes into City Hall and slips on water on the floor. This would be considered a liability claim.
On the other hand, if a fire is started accidentally in City-owned property the resulting damages would be considered a property claim.
A Workers' Compensation claim is one where a City employee is injured while performing work for the City.
Volunteers are insured for injuries under an Accidental Death & Dismemberment policy.
Claims against the City
If you believe you have a reason to file a claim against the City of Arvada, you will need to submit a letter to the Risk Management Division.
This letter may be hand written or typed and must include the following information:
- A clear statement that you are filing a claim against the City of Arvada;
- A short synopsis or description of the incident;
- Details surrounding the incident including the date, time, location of the incident; type and extent of damages; estimates for repairs or actual cost of items damaged;
- Police report number if applicable;
- Your current mailing address and phone numbers for both the daytime and evening hours;
- Copies of any bills, estimates, or documents that apply to your claim;
- Your signature
Mail your claim letter to:
City of Arvada
Attention: Risk Management
8101 Ralston Road
Arvada, CO 80002
- Main Telephone Number:
- by Finance