The City of Arvada continues to urge residents, businesses and visitors to follow the mandates set out by the state and local public health agencies.
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
Jefferson County Public Health
Tri-County Health Department
Providing Public Comment and Testimony During COVID
Now that The City of Arvada City Council has moved to a hybrid meeting format, citizens can make comments through a variety of methods. A hybrid meeting means that some members of Council, city staff, and citizens will participate virtually via our web platform and some will do so in person at Arvada City Hall.
If you would like to make a public comment you may:
- Provide comments via the phone or webinar. To participate by web or phone, contact City Clerk Kristen Rush at email@example.com by no later than 5 p.m. on the Monday the meeting takes place. Upon receiving the request, Ms. Rush will provide registration instructions and the rules and the procedures for participating by web or phone. Participants will be limited to 3 minutes for any public comments that are unrelated to an agenda item.
- Provide in-person comments can be made in person at the meeting in Arvada City Hall’s Council Chambers - 8101 Ralston Rd. Any citizen entering City Hall will be required to wear a mask. Due to social distancing best practices, only citizens who choose to come to City Hall to provide public comment will be allowed into the meeting. There will not be an area within City Hall to watch the meeting unless you are there to speak. Due to limited capacity, members of the public may be asked to leave the building once they have completed their public comment. Participants will be limited to 3 minutes.
- Submit comments for the record. Emails with comments need to be sent to City Clerk Kristen Rush at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. on the Monday the meeting takes place. Ms. Rush will pass along the comments to all members of City Council and the Mayor. These comments will become part of the permanent record. If you wish to have your comment read aloud during the meeting, please indicate this in your email request. Comments being read into the record may be no longer than 3 minutes. Reading comments into the record will be discontinued after the June 15 business meeting.
- To participate by phone only call 720-898-7550
- City Clerk Kristen Rush can be contacted with questions at 303-915-5246
Public Comment is only allowed at business meetings (generally held on the first and third Mondays of each month). Public Comment is scheduled both near the beginning and at the end of each business meeting. Comments are limited to three minutes per person early in the meeting and five minutes per person at the end of the meeting. No action is taken by Council; however, Council may ask City staff for additional information.
- by City Manager