City Council members requested an opportunity to meet together for conversations on various issues of importance to their work on behalf of the community. In response to this request, the City team has scheduled several “study sessions” over the coming months. These study sessions will be topic-based conversations between City Council members with background information provided by City team members.
Members of our community are invited to listen into the conversation via Zoom. There is no in-person option. There will be an opportunity for community members to provide comments on what they heard through a brief Speak Up Arvada survey after each study session. Community members will not be able to ask questions during the study sessions.
The following dates have been reserved for Study Sessions:
- May 4 at 5:30 PM, Topic: the establishment of a Housing Advisory Committee: zoom link: https://tinyurl.com/arvada2022
- May 10 at 5 PM, Topic: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion direction: zoom link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/8432
- June 7 at 5 PM Topic: CANCELLED
- June 14 at 5 PM Topic: CANCELLED
- The next Study Session has not been scheduled, but will likely take place in August. Check back for updates.
Agendas and zoom registration links will be available 24 hours prior to each study session on the Council Meetings and Agendas page.
Residents who listen to a Study Session are welcome to provide written comment after the session through the City's engagement platform, SpeakUp Arvada.
- by City Manager