Content provided by Bob Fifer
Since moving to Arvada in 2002, Bob has been actively involved with the community through youth activities and sports, Ralston House, the Community Table (formerly Arvada Community Food Bank), AVA Foundation, Historic Olde Town Arvada, Arvada Jefferson Kiwanis, Arvada Historical Society, and a graduate of the Transit Alliance Citizen's Academy.
Bob was elected to represent all of Arvada as an At-Large Councilmember in November 2011 and again in 2015. He served as Mayor Pro Tem from 2015 - 2017. He immerses himself and advocates on behalf of citizens and organizations to strengthen our community.
Bob has over 27 years in leadership within the telecommunication, information technology, and transportation industries, with a focus on telecommunications, and a passion for rural broadband that is accessible and affordable. Currently, Bob serves in a leadership role with the Colorado Department of Transportation leading the Intelligent Transportation and Network Services division.
He is a recipient of the President's Volunteer Service Award and the APEX Service Excellence Award.
He is currently the City Council representative to the following Boards and Committees:
- Arvada Fire Protection District Coordinating Committee
- Arvada Transportation Committee
- Arvada Smart City Advisory Committee
- Apex DRecreation District Coordinating Committee
- Jefferson County Transportation Advisory and Action Committee (JEFFTAAG) and DRCOG Sub-Region Committee
- Jefferson County Schools Coordination Committee
- Adams County DRCOG Sub-Region Committee
- Denver Regional Council of Governments: Executive Committee, Former Chair, Governance Committee, Finance and Budget Committee and Performance and Engagement Committee
He previously served on several local, regional and national committees, which included:
- Arvada Municipal Court/Judicial Committee
- Arvada Golf Advisory
- Arvada Council for the Arts and Humanities
- Adams County Economic Development Associate Board
- Urban Drainage and Flood Control District Board
- Colorado Municipal League: Vice Chair of Colorado FirstNet Governance Board
- National League of Cities: Information Technology and Communications and the Hispanic Elected Local Officials Committee
- Federal Communications Commission: Intergovernmental Advisory Committee
Bob is married to RaChelle Fifer, and expresses great pride in having a wife who supports and encourages his civic duties to our community. Bob and RaChelle have three sons, who actively participate in local charities, sport teams and giving back to the community through their schools. Bob and RaChelle’s children are fifth generation Arvadans.