Are you looking for information on public meeting opportunities? Visit Get Involved.
Connecting Code to Vision and Values
The City of Arvada is updating the Land Development Code (LDC), which are the regulations that govern development in the city. The LDC affects all development and helps shape where you live, where you work and where you play. The current LDC was approved in 2008 and while there have been some updates, it has become out-of-date. A review of current issues is needed to make sure the LDC provides the best zoning and land use approaches for the future.
Why Update the LDC?
The Arvada Comprehensive Plan was adopted in 2014 following an extensive public process. It identifies a collaborative vision between the City and the community for Arvada’s land use, transportation, and neighborhood vitality for the next 20 years. We’re focused on updating the LDC so that it better reflects the vision of the Comprehensive Plan. To do this, we’ve named this project Advance Arvada so as to pair the vision and values expressed in the Comprehensive Plan with the updates to the LDC.
Updating the LDC is a complex task and it will take two years to complete. To learn more about the steps in the process and details of the project, visit the Project Purpose and FAQs pages. We invite you to participate and provide comments throughout this process!
Implement the vision Identified in the 2014 Arvada Comprehensive Plan and other City plans that recognize the unique character of Arvada’s established neighborhoods, the important role of economic development, and the desire to maintain and enhance the city’s vibrancy.
The City Strategic Plan identifies several development-related actions, such as promoting compatible infill development in urban centers and corridors, responding to changing housing preferences by providing for a wide choice of housing types, and encouraging attainable housing for seniors.
Revised procedures for development project review will create more predictability and clarity.
The updated LDC will be easy to navigate, whether you’re a resident looking to remodel your house or a developer with a major residential or commercial project.
How To Get Involved
Here are a few action steps you can take to get and stay involved:
- Visit the Project Purpose and FAQs pages to learn more about the LDC update process
- Participate in surveys and attend meetings to let your voice be heard. Upcoming meetings are listed on the Get Involved page.
- Join our e-mail list to receive notices of upcoming meetings and new work products to review.
- Provide feedback and ask us questions through the contact form
- Check the project website frequently for updates
- Stay tuned to other communication channels, including the Arvada Report and the ArvadaNews, and through social media on Facebook, Twitter and Nextdoor