NOTE: This year's Community Survey has two phases. Phase 1: Participants are selected at random by mail, email or phone. Phase 2: Beginning Oct. 25, the survey will be accessible on Speak Up Arvada.
What Is the Survey?
We want to know your opinion about how the City uses your tax dollars, how safe you feel in the City and your neighborhood, and how you perceive Arvada as a place to live, among a number of other areas of interest. This information is critical to the city’s understanding of the current and future needs of Arvada residents, like you.
The Arvada Community (Citizen) is conducted every other year, and functions as a consumer report card for the City by providing residents the opportunity to rate their satisfaction with their quality of life, community amenities, and local government. The survey also gives residents an opportunity to provide feedback to the City government on what they believe is working well and what is not, and to communicate their priorities regarding community planning and resource allocation.
New This Year
- This year, respondents will have the option of selecting a Spanish-language version of the survey when they first login.
- Following the conclusion of the statistically-valid phase, the survey will be available to a larger cross section of our community via Speak Up Arvada.
- We have added several questions to help us better understand how people want to engage with the City and the extent to which people feel included.
Analysis of data from the Community Survey will occur in November and early December, with a presentation to Council in mid-December.
Want to Learn More?
Explore resources, project timeline and community engagement.
Survey Reports and Presentations
- Oct. 24, 2019 - Community Survey available on Speak Up Arvada
- November 2019 - Data analysis
- December 2019 - Council Workshop - exact date TBD
- January 2020 - Council Retreat
City Communications and Engagement, City Manager's Office