Completing the Census is as important as ever! Most residents received an access code in mid-March. If you do not have your code, you may input your address on the official Census website or call a questionnaire assistance phone number to complete your form.
#MakeArvadaCount by completing your 2020 Census form online, over the phone or by mail. Visit my2020census.gov to complete your Census today.
Why is the City supporting the 2020 Census?
Every ten years the Census Bureau counts the entire population of the country and at the location where each person usually lives. The census also collects demographic information such as group living situations, sex, age and race of each person. The City of Arvada has a vested interest in achieving an accurate and complete census because the results:
- Determine how many seats each state will have in the U.S. House of Representatives
- Affect the distribution of over $675 billion in federal and state funding each year
- Are used to draw political districts
- Inform City master planning, public safety, emergency preparedness and other City projects. Residents use the census to support community initiatives
New in 2020
In 2020, the Census Bureau will implement new technology to make it easier than ever to respond to the census. For the first time, you will be able to respond online and by phone. For those who do not have internet access, a paper form will be made available. And, your information is confidential and safe.
Notifications from Census Bureau
- Mid-March 2020: Mailing 1: Letter with info to fill out the Census form online or by telephone (the majority of people will get this) or Letter + Paper form (20–25% of people based on demographic characteristics and Internet connectivity of a geographic area will receive this).
- Late March 2020: Mailing 2: Reminder letter to non-respondents.
- Late March/early April 2020: Mailing 3: Postcard to non-respondents.
- April 2020: Mailing 4: Letter + questionnaire to non-respondents.
- April 2020: Mailing 5: “It’s not too late” postcard to non-respondents.
Self Response/Census-Assisted Response
- March–July 2020: Conduct Internet and telephone self-response, including non-ID processing.
- March–July 2020: Conduct Census questionnaire assistance.
- March–August 2020: Conduct paper data capture.
- May–July 2020: Non-response follow-up: Census enumerators visit addresses that did not complete a Census questionnaire to collect information at the door.
- May–July 2020: Conduct non-response follow-up re-interview.
- Dec. 31, 2020: The Census director delivers apportionment counts to the President.
- April 2021: Publish Prototype P.L. 94-171 Data and Geographic Products..
- March 2021: The Census Bureau completes delivery of redistricting counts to the states.
- Main Telephone Number: 720-898-7000
- Email: Lead Community Connector Rachel Saccardi: email@example.com
- Mailing Address: 8101 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002