Skip Main Navigation
Skip to Content

Special Event Permit for Public Parks

Before you can apply for a City of Arvada Special Event Permit: In order for the City of Arvada to complete the processing of a special event permit (SEP), we are requiring that you complete, and have approved, a Jefferson County Public Health (JCPH) Large Event and Venues Plan Application (Form 3620). The approved form should be submitted to the City as an addendum to your SEP application. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in your request for a SEP to be denied. Even though JCPH only requires the form to be filled out for events greater than 175, the City is requiring the form to be submitted for ANY event that requires a SEP with the City of Arvada. In the event that future public health orders further limit attendance at special events or if health protocols are not followed at your event, the City of Arvada reserves the right to not approve or cancel your SEP.

Are you considering having an event in a public park such as a community festival, a graduation party, a large wedding, etc.? Below you will find a handy list of things you may be required to include in your application. If you have not already read the guidelines for applying for Special Event Permits, please be sure to do so. 

Before You Begin

The following rules apply to all special events at Arvada Public Parks:

  • Petting Animals - Petting zoo, farm and livestock animals are not allowed on turf areas.
  • Curfew - Events must be over before sundown. There are no exceptions to this rule.
  • Public Park - The park must remain open to the public.

Checklist for Special Events Permits in Public Park

Items You will Need

Items You Will Need If

Items You May Need After Review

Applies to All Events


Online Application Process

Time: Application must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the event but not MORE than 12 months prior to the event.
Cost: There is a non-refundable $100 application fee (additional fees may apply).
Payment Types: Online with Visa or Mastercard. Some fees may require payment by check.

The City of Arvada uses eTRAKiT for the Special Event Permit application process.


  eTRAKIT Application



For information on the Special Event permitting process, please contact Community Development at 720-898-7435 or