How do you apply for a Food Truck Permit?
- You can apply for a permit online using the link found under the Resources sidebar.
- Please see the Food Truck Application Guide if you have questions while completing the application.
- After Planning has reviewed and approved your application, you will need to apply for a City of Arvada Business License with the Finance department.
- Once Finance issues a business license, you will need to pay the $50 permit fee prior to your permit being issued. You must keep a copy of your permit on the food truck while you are operating in the City of Arvada.
When do you need a Food Truck Permit?
- If you are selling food from a readily movable wheeled, motorized vehicle designed and equipped to serve food
- If you are selling food from a wheeled, non-motorized structure designed and equipped to serve food, and towed by a motorized vehicle
When DON’T you need a Food Truck Permit?
- If you operate for less than 15 consecutive minutes at any specific site (such as an ice cream truck)
- If you are operating as part of an approved Special Event Permit in coordination with the event planner
Where are food trucks allowed?
- On private property in the B-1, B-2, B-4, PUD-BP, commercial areas of PUD-BPR, NC-C/OF, NC-I/OF, NC-MU-A, NC-MU-B, NC-MU-C, all Olde Town Zoning Subdistricts, and all CC Zoning Subdistricts
- Find your zoning here: Zoning District Interactive Map
- In any park or public space (regardless of zoning district), with approval of the owner
- In a public street right-of-way (regardless of zoning district) when the street is closed to vehicular traffic as part of a Special Event Permit
- In a public street right-of-way (regardless of zoning district) as part of a gathering of two or more food trucks with authorization from the the Community Development Director
Where AREN’T food trucks allowed?
- On private property in any zone districts not listed above
- On undeveloped property with unoccupied structures or unpaved surfaces
- Within 200 feet of any permanent eating and drinking establishment
- Within 50 feet of any residential zone district (except as otherwise permitted)
- In any location that would obstruct the visibility of motorists
- In any location that would obstruct parking lot circulation or access to a public street, alley, or sidewalk
When can food trucks operate?
- Food trucks can operate 7 days a week from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
What’s required for a permit?
- A site plan showing the property to be used and proposed location of the food truck (see example site plan)
- Trash disposal plan (preferably an agreement with a commissary)
- County Health Department Certification
- A City of Arvada Business License
- If on private property:
- Written permission from a property owner
- If within a City park, public space, or public right-of-way:
- Written permission from the applicable City department
- Liability insurance
How much does a permit cost and how long is the permit good for?
- There is a $50 annual fee
- You will need to reapply for a new permit each year
- Main Telephone Number:
- Street Address:
8101 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002