How Do I Apply for a Food & Retail Truck Permit?
- You can apply for a permit online using the link found under the Resources sidebar.
- Please see the Food & Retail Truck Application Guide if you have questions while completing the application.
- After Planning has reviewed and approved your application, you will need to apply for a City of Arvada Business License with the Finance department.
- Once Finance issues a business license, you will need to pay the permit fee prior to your permit being issued. You must keep a copy of your permit on the food or retail truck while you are operating in the City of Arvada.
What’s Required for a Permit?
When do you need a Food & Retail Truck Permit?
- If you are selling food or retail from a readily movable wheeled, motorized vehicle designed and equipped to serve food or retail.
- If you are selling food or items from a wheeled, non-motorized structure designed and equipped to serve food, and towed by a motorized vehicle
When DON’T you need a Food & Retail Truck Permit?
- If you operate for less than 15 consecutive minutes at any specific site (such as an ice cream truck)
- If you are operating as part of an approved Special Event Permit in coordination with the event planner
Where are Food & Retail Trucks Allowed?
- On private property in all zoning districts.
- In any park or public space with approval of the owner or government entity.
- In a public street right-of-way when the street is closed to vehicular traffic as part of a Special Event Permit.
- In a public street right-of-way with authorization from the City.
Where AREN’T Food & Retail Trucks Allowed?
- On undeveloped property with unoccupied structures or unpaved surfaces.
- Within 50 feet of any residential use in a residential or mixed-use zone district with residential units on the ground floor.
- In any location that would obstruct the visibility of motorists.
- In any location that would obstruct parking lot circulation or access to a public street, alley, or sidewalk.
When Can Food & Retail Trucks Operate?
- Food & retail trucks can operate 7 days a week from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
How Much Does a Permit Cost and How Long is the Permit Good For?
- There is a $50 annual fee
- You will need to reapply for a new permit each year
- Main Telephone Number:
- Street Address:
8101 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002