Skip Main Navigation
Skip to Content

Flatwork Replacement


These permits are required for contractors doing flatwork replacement in the right of way for single family or commercial properties in the City of Arvada. This type of work incudes combination curb and gutter, detached walk, vertical curb and gutter, crosspans, ADA ramps and sidewalk chase drains.

Do I need a license to perform this work

Yes, you must have a current Municipal General Contractor license to obtain a permit for this work. See our licensing page for more information.

How do I apply for these permits

You will need to download and complete the Flatwork permit application that is included on this page under resources. Once you have completed this application please email it along with any necessary documentation (including traffic control plan and sidewalk closure plan) to

How do I pay for these permits

Once your permit has been approved you will be notified by email. At that time your permit can be paid for by logging into your AEC account at

 - Additional Information -


Inspections are completed on a daily basis Monday through Friday between 8am and 3pm, and must be scheduled online by 6 a.m. of the desired day of inspection. To schedule inspections please visit and login with your Arvada Contractor license (AEC #) and password.

    *Special Inspection Requests:

Work that will be inspected during non-city business hours needs to be requested and approved. Please send your inspection requests to at least 1 business day prior to your desired work date.


Contact Information

  •  Main Telephone Number:
  • Email:
  •  Street Address:
    8101 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002