Skip Main Navigation
Stay-At-Home Order, Facilities Closure Extended Until April 26 City's Emergency Declaration extended through April...
Skip to Content

Permits and Applications


All City facilities will be closed to the public through Sunday, April 26, 2020. This closure includes, but is not limited to, public business and activities at City Hall, including in-person building and right-of-way permitting and contractor licensing services. At this time, complete Municipal and Building Contractor license applications and renewals are being accepted via email -- please see the Municipal Contractor licensing page or the Building Contractor licensing page for additional information. Online permitting through will also be available during this time. We will process license and permit applications as quickly as possible however, delays should be expected. At this time we are not issuing special event permits for events to be held prior to May 11, 2020, out of an abundance of caution related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). If your special event falls after this date we will review your application; however, the City has the right to NOT approve or revoke an approved permit. Should you be applying for a special event after May 11, we ask that you take the time to review the COVID-19 resources the City provided and follow the actions you and your guests can take to protect yourselves from any respiratory infections.


Commercial and Developers

For more information on permits related to commercial or development endeavors, visit our Commercial and Developers page.


The City of Arvada utilizes eTRAKIT for online permitting capabilities. Contractors and homeowners are able to apply and pay for permits and projects, view and respond to plan review comments, schedule and see inspection results 24/7. Permit records for Building and Right of Way projects and project files for Community Development are all available through


Permits are required for both interior and exterior residential building projects within the City of Arvada. Our Residential page provides a list of the types of work that require a permit, from new home construction to small construction projects.

Right of Way

General public improvements constructed on public right of way, easements and other public property, and utility services on private property between the property line and the building, require a permit. Learn about permit issuance, licensing requirements and inspections.

Special Event Permits

If you are planning an event that includes any one of the following: a) held on public property; b) open to the general public (free or ticketed); c) anticipates more than 100 people attending/participating, you will need to apply for a special event permit.