The City requires contractors to be licensed to work in the City of Arvada in order to ensure quality work that meets City codes, is structurally safe, and will pass inspection. Don't put yourself and your property at risk by allowing an unlicensed contractor to do the work. Protect yourself and your property by doing your home work before you hire a contractor.
Tips for choosing a contractor
- Ask for contractor recommendations from friends, relatives, and neighbors and your home insurance company may also have a list of contractors that they frequently work with.
- Check www.arvadapermits.org to verify the contractor is licensed to do work in the City. Licensing is required for all contractors performing work in the City of Arvada.
- Obtain at least three bids.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau or other consumer affairs groups to see if there is a history of complaints against the contractors.
- Search online for reviews of the contractor.
- Verify contractors have current liability insurance to cover accidents and injuries that may occur while working at your home.
- Verify that the Contractor has obtained the required permit from the City of Arvada before starting the work. The permit must be posted at the jobsite during the construction process. You can verify the permit through the www.arvadapermits.org online.
Please note: The City does not endorse any particular contractor. Any materials provided by contractors that use the City's name or logo, implying that the City either endorses this company or that work is required at your home, should be ignored.
- Main Telephone Number:
- Street Address:
8101 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002
- by Community and Economic Development