- Proof of a current County Health Department Certification (Food Trucks only)
- A City of Arvada Business License
- If on private property:
- Written permission from the property owner
- If operating at an athletic field or other public space including streets:
- Written permission from the applicable City department
- Liability insurance naming the City as an additional insured
- See Food Trucks at Athletic Fields below
When do you need a Permit?
- A permit is needed if you are vending from a motorized vehicle designed and equipped to serve food and you have previous written approval from the property owner.
- A permit is NOT needed if you are operating as part of an approved Special Event Permit in coordination with the event planner. Please disclose the food truck on your Special Event Permit application along with the location of the food truck on the site map that you are required to upload. A food truck is not allowed to park on turf, trails or sidewalks as part of the Special Event.
- A permit is NOT needed if you operate for less than 15 consecutive minutes at any specific site (such as an ice cream truck).
Food Trucks at Tournaments
Food Trucks Must be Scheduled through Tournament Organizers:
Food trucks scheduled through tournament organizers must follow requirements here: arvada.org/tournament-on-athletic-field.
Food Truck Permit Application
Step 1: Online Permit Application
- Visit ARVADAPERMITS.ORG to create a new account or login to your existing account and apply for a New Permit. Make sure to attach all required documents.
Please Note: You must apply for a permit using a computer or laptop. Smartphones will not work.
Step 2: Online Business License Application
- Visit ARVADA.MUNIREVS.COM to apply for a City of Arvada business license, if you don’t have one already
Step 3: Permit Payment
- Once your permit is approved, you will need to login to your ARVADAPERMITS.ORG account to pay the permit fee before the permit will be issued.
- The permit fee is $50. Permits are valid for 12 months.
- Trucks must be at least 50 feet from any residential home or first floor unit.
- Hours of operation are limited to 6:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.
- Operations must not obstruct the visibility of motorists, nor obstruct parking lot circulation or block access to a public street, alley, or sidewalk.
- Trucks must be parked on a paved surface outside of the public right-of-way.
- Operators are responsible for the storage and daily disposal of all trash, refuse, and litter. All areas used for food and retail trucks must be maintained in a safe and clean condition.
- Liquid wastes used in the operation cannot be discharged from the vehicle, with the exception of clean ice melt.
- Main Telephone Number:
- Street Address:
8101 Ralston Road, Arvada, CO 80002
- by Community and Economic Development