Skip Main Navigation
COVID-19 Updates on response and recovery, including public health vaccine resources are available...
Skip to Content

Municipal Contractor

Who Needs a Municipal License (Right of Way)

General public improvements, consisting of construction, reconstruction and remodeling of storm drains, irrigation ditches, fire lines, sewer and water lines, sewer and water mains, curb and gutters, sidewalks, streets, potholing, boring, traffic-control devices and similar improvements which are constructed on public rights of way, easements and other public property, and utility services on private property between the property line and the building require a licensed municipal contractor to pull a permit and schedule an inspection with the Engineering Division.

How to Apply

Complete the application and submit with the required documents to or mail to City of Arvada Engineering, 8101 Ralston Rd. Arvada, CO 80002

Documents Required

1. Completed application and applicable fees

2. Municipal bond form with power of attorney.

3. Insurance and workman's compensation certificates with City of Arvada listed as additional insured.

4. Affidavit form.

5. You must purchase the Engineering Code of Standards and Specifications book published January 12, 2016 for $50 if this is a new license.



For questions please call 720-898-7640