The 2018 Teen Academy has come to a close! Please check back in early 2019 for our 2019 dates.
Hey teens! Do you have an interest in Law Enforcement as a possible career choice? Have you ever wondered how officers process a crime scene? Or what it's like to search a building? Join us for the Teen Police Academy!
Designed for high school students, this five-day academy will give you an interactive look at police work.
You will have the unique opportunity to learn about several topics such as:
- Building searches
- Crime scene investigation
You will also get to test your driving ability in a patrol car and process a mock crime scene. All classes are taught by Arvada police officers. The five-day academy will be held at locations throughout Arvada. Classes begin at 8 a.m. ending around 4 p.m.
How to Apply and Participate
- Must have completed Freshman year of high school
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Register by deadline
- There is no cost!
Please get permission from your parent or guardian before applying. You need their consent to fill out the online application and have your application processed.
- Fill out the online Teen Academy Application
- Download, print, and sign the Application Signature Page (PDF) (Consent Form). Your parent or guardian needs to sign it, too.
- Pay your application fee.
Apply by Mail or In Person
- Download, print, and fill out the Signature Page
- You and your parent or guardian must sign the application signature page (consent form).
- Follow the direction provided on the form. You can mail your application in to the address provided.
Who to Contact
- Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received.
- Students attending any of the Arvada high schools (Arvada, Arvada West, Pomona, Ralston Valley, Faith Christian) will receive priority over non-Arvada residents.
Registration and Payment
- This is a free program. There is no cost!
- All interested students will be contacted prior to the Academy.
- Attendance of all five days is a requirement for successful graduation.
- Each participant will receive a Teen Academy T-shirt, graduation certificate and reference materials.