The Drug Take Back program, provided in partnership by the W. Michael Northey Foundation partners with the Arvada Police Department, gives residents a safe way to dispose of medications. Medications should never be flushed down the toilet.
- This is a free program. Donations benefit the Foundation, providing scholarships to college-bound Arvada high school students and help to families of officers killed or injured in the line of duty.
- Participating is easy. Simply gather up your unused, unwanted and expired medications and bring them to the event location, drive up, hand off and drive away.
When is the Event?
The Drug Take Back is held on the second Saturday of April. Please check back in early 2019 for details on the next Drug Take Back.
What Can I Bring?
- Over-the-Counter Medications
- Medications Samples
- Pet Medications
- Liquid Medications in leak-proof containers
- Medicated Ointments and Lotions
- Bloody or Infectious Waste
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Aerosol Cans
- IV Bags
- Illicit Drugs
- Chemotherapy and radioactive substances
- Oxygen Containers
- Needles or Other Sharps
- Medical Equipment