Make a Difference
- Hiring Overview Explore the process.
- Recruitment Get in touch with us.
- Benefits and More Competitive pay, quality equipment, and cutting edge technology.
( Photograph Arvada Motorcycle traffic team)
Contact the Police
By Phone, In Person, or Online
For all emergencies, dial 911. For non-emergency issues, call 720-898-6900 or 303.980.7300.
- Report a Minor Auto Accident with the State of Colorado All auto accidents should be reported through the state. APD cannot take accident reports.
- Report Theft, Trespassing, and More Online You can report non-violent crimes that are not in progress using a simple form.
( Photograph Police Dispatcher)
Services and Tools
- Find Your Community Police Station Sector Policing is the City's newest approach to community safety that will enable our officers to become experts on the needs, issues and concerns of the people within the specific areas, or sectors, they serve.
- Ride-Alongs A Ride-Along gives citizens the opportunity to ride on patrol with an on-duty uniformed officer or Animal Management.
( Photograph Officer an Community Event)
Keeping Our Community Informed
- S.H.A.R.P. The Sexual Harassment Assault and Rape Prevention (SHARP) course has been specifically designed to meet the needs of women
- Crime Free Multi-Housing This class teaches ways to make rentals and multi-tenant buildings safer.
- Crime Prevention This class gives homeowners important tips to keep safe.
( Photograph Police Officer Uniform)
Units and More
Learn About Your Police Department
- Take a Tour Free and open to the public!
- Complete a Survey -- We want your feedback! Please share your thoughts, questions, compliments and concerns by completing a short Arvada PD Performance Survey.
- International Accreditation The Arvada Police Department was the first Colorado law enforcement agency to be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) in 1986.
(Photograph of Animal Management Officer)