The 18th annual Arvada Kite Festival is Sunday, April 16 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Stenger Sports Complex (11200 W. 58th Ave.). The free, family-friendly event is the perfect way to celebrate the start of spring! This event is produced by the Arvada Festivals Commission.
The Kite Festival includes the following activities:
- Kite flying! Bring a kite or purchase one at the event
- Kids Zone with inflatables and face painting
- Kite demos by professional kite flyers
- More than 70 vendors and tons of food trucks
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science’s Curiosity Cruiser
Be sure to stop by the Gold Strike Park pop-up nature play experience hosted by the project design team! The interactive exhibit kicks off the City’s redesign of Gold Strike Park.
The Arvada Festivals Commission is partnering with Can’d Aid to work toward achieving events that are Zero Waste. Together we can become an example of responsible resource management by sorting items into the appropriate bins available (trash, recycling and composting). Learn more about Zero Waste at the Arvada Kite Festival.
Free parking is available on site first come, first served with gates opening at 9:45 a.m. However, biking and walking to the event is encouraged. A free bike valet will be available at the event courtesy of Bike Friendly Arvada.
Pets and barbecue grills are not allowed at the event.
- by Vibrant Community and Neighborhoods & Parks, Golf and Hospitality