(Golden, CO) – Colorado’s Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP), which provides financial assistance with home heating bills is accepting applications.
The Colorado LEAP program is federally funded and provides assistance to help families and individuals pay a portion of winter heating costs. The program eligibility period runs from November 1, 2013 through April 30, 2014. Last heating season 7,701 applications were received in Jefferson County. There were 117,939 applications statewide.
Eligibility requirements - you may be eligible for LEAP if:
- You are a U.S. Citizen and a resident of Colorado
- You pay heating fuel costs directly to an energy provider or you pay the cost of heating your dwelling as part of your rent
- Your gross monthly household income from all sources and household members falls within the guidelines set annually
For more information:
· Visit the Jefferson County Human Services website or call 1-866-HEAT-HELP (1-866-432-8435).
· Visit Jefferson County Department of Human Services, a Jefferson County Public Library, or locate your county’s LEAP office. Completed LEAP applications can be faxed, mailed or delivered to the appropriate county office.
- by City Manager