Arvada, CO….. Looking to do some spring cleaning? Wondering how to get rid of a bunch of unwanted items without having them end up in a landfill? The City of Arvada, in partnership with SustainAbility, has just the program for you—a two-week recycling event during which residents can bring a variety of items—including hard-to-recycle items—at no charge to SustainAbility’s Arvada location.
The event will take place between Tuesday, May 2 thru Sunday, May 14, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day. (The site will NOT be open Monday, May 8).
Things to Note
- SustainAbility is located at 6240 W. 54th Ave. in Arvada.
- Proof of Residency will be required.
- Materials must be sorted by category prior to arrival at the site (all electronics together, all paint together, etc.).
- SustainAbility will be CLOSED Monday, May 8 and will not be offering drop-off that day.
- SustainAbility offers recycling services year round. While they accept many items free of charge, there are normally fees to drop off hard-to-recycle items. The City of Arvada is covering those fees during this two-week event.
- Electronics: Computer towers, laptops, keyboards, mice, printers, scanners, cell phones, radios, stereos, kitchen appliances, bathroom appliances, sewing machines, video game systems, iPods, inter and toner cartridges, loose cables, wires, fax machines, plastic speakers, PDAs, flashlights, irons, toasters, treadmills, stationary bikes, ellipticals, clocks, electric toys, microwaves, lamps, cameras, telephones, electric power tools, washers, dryers, stoves, grills, water heaters.
- Computer monitors (flat screen and CRT*), and Televisions (flat screen, CRT*, projection). *Maximum of 10 CRTs per individual/vehicle. No broken CRTs.
- Single-Stream: paper, plastic, cardboard, metals, glass.
- Materials Containing Freon: refrigerators, mini fridges, freezers, air conditioners, water coolers.
- Hard-to-recycle materials: vegetable oil, corrugated plastic yard signs, smoke alarms, CDs and DVDs, fire extinguishers, paint (latex and oil based), #2 & #5 plastics, plastic grocery bags, batteries, mattresses/box springs, bikes, bike tubes/tires, clear bubble wrap, Styrofoam (no peanuts), books, wine corks, steel, aluminum, mixed metals, clothing, shoes, tennis balls, propane tanks, rolling office chairs (not wooden).
Items That Will NOT be Accepted:
Couches, fabric chairs, any items containing wood, rugs, carpet, gas, oil, heaters, light bulbs, windows, tile, granite, lead acid batteries, car tires, motor oil, carbon paper, paper plates/cups, labels/stickers, photos, paper towels/napkins, Styrofoam containers, needles, razor blades, syringes, steel drums, medication, straws, utensils, film, plastic wrap, ceramic, drinking glasses, mirrors, windshield glass.
For more information visit sustainability-recycling.com/arvada-spring-cleanup or call 720-668-0611.
- by City Manager