Looking for the Arvada Police Jobs main page? Visit Arvada Police Jobs.
- Police Officer: Candidates with prior law enforcement experience may be hired at a level within the range pursuant to lateral entry guidelines.
- Police Recruit II: $4740.28/per month.
- Police Recruit I: $4593.71/per month.
Non-certified applicants are hired as Police Recruits until successful completion of the academy and the Colorado P.O.S.T Examination.
- Vacation Accrual (sworn)
- 1-4 years: 9.33 hours/month (max accrual 224 hours)
- 5-9 years: 10.66 hours/month (max accrual 256 hours)
- 10-14 years: 12.66 hours/month (max accrual 304 hours)
- 15 + years: 14.66 hours /month (max accrual 352 hours)
- Holidays - 96 hours per calendar year
- Shift Differential - Officers receive shift-differential pay of
1% for swing shift
2% for graveyard shift
- On-call Pay - Officers receive on-call compensation for special assignments, whether they are actually called in or not.
- Overtime Pay - Overtime is paid at 1 1/2 times an officers' current salary.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance - The city offers two health plans. Single and family coverage are available. Dental and Vision insurance are also available.
- Recruit Salary - Police Recruits receive a salary and are eligible for city benefits while at the Police Academy.
- Retirement - The retirement system for police officers is a self-directed money purchase plan. The city matches the officer's contribution to the plan at 12 percent.
- Sick Leave - Sick leave accrued at 8 hours/month with a max accrual of 1040 hours.
- Work Hours - 10-hour/4 day work week (Patrol and Investigations); 8-hour/5 day work week (Administration).
- Uniform - The City provides uniforms for its police officers, including footwear and body armor. Officers are esponsible for the purchase and maintenance of their service weapon.
- Dry Cleaning Services - Paid by the city for sworn officers and uniformed civilian employees.