Looking for the Arvada Police Jobs main page? Visit Arvada Police Jobs.
The Arvada Police Department recognizes that Lateral-Entry Candidates can bring advanced skills and work experience to our department.
Interested out-of-state lateral candidates must qualify for certification under Colorado POST regulations.
Any current lateral law enforcement officers in Colorado may apply.
In addition to the normal minimum qualifications for police officer, lateral entry candidates will:
- Possess a Colorado P.O.S.T. Certification with a minimum of one-year's experience as a patrol officer with a civilian law enforcement agency having a policing environment similar to that found in most urban or suburban settings.
- If an out-of-of state lateral candidate, the candidate must have the ability to test out and obtain Colorado POST certification. For more information on test out procedures, visit the Colorado POST Provisional Certification page.
- Whether a candidate is a current officer or one who left policing in good standing, they must provide for a full and unconditional release of prior personnel records including disclosure of the existence and content of any sealed files.
- Lateral entry candidates must participate in all Arvada screening and testing processes for police officer.
- The Oral Interview for lateral candidates will focus on the advanced skills expected of an experienced police officer. Oral Board members may consist of two Sergeants, one Commander, and one Deputy Chief.
- Lateral entry candidates will be allowed to accelerate through the field-training program as capable. Lateral candidates must complete the Field Training Program as designed but the training time frame may be modified by the FTO Coordinator on a case-by-case basis.
Lateral entry candidates are compensated based on years of experience and employment at a comparable size agency. Please see Police Salary and Benefits for additional benefit information.
Want More Information?
- Contact Recruiting - Our recruiting officers can give you more information about working for the Arvada Police Department.
- Submit an Employment Inquiry online to the Arvada Police Department
- Consider going for a Ride-Along - see what policing is really like!
- Follow Arvada Police Recruiting on Facebook.