Looking for the Arvada Police Jobs main page? Visit Arvada Police Jobs.
The following criteria will cause the disqualification of an applicant from the selection process for any position with the Arvada Police Department.
- Use of marijuana in any form within the last year.
- Any arrest for Driving Under the Influence for alcohol or drugs in the last five years, unless case was dismissed.
- Influence of any other illegal drug within the last five years.
- Any production, cultivation, transportation or sale of illegal drugs.
- Any instance of fraudulently obtaining a prescription medication or controlled substance, or forging a prescription order.
- Evidence of current excessive alcohol use.
- Any citation for reckless driving or speed contest/drag racing in the last five years (determined by cited offense, not by plea disposition).
- Any driver's license revocation, denial, suspension, or cancelation within the last five years.
- Any driver's license revocation as a Habitual Traffic Offender.
- Any Hit and Run accidents within the last five years.
- Falsifying documentation of a college degree, transcript, or specialized training.
- Falsifying documentation of law enforcement certification.
- Knowingly falsifying requested information during the selection process.
- Cheating on any portion of the selection process.
- Any dishonorable discharge from military service.
- Conviction of any crimes prohibiting P.O.S.T Board certification (police officer applicants only). To see "misdemeanors affecting certification" by P.O.S.T., go to Colorado POST Disqualifying Misdemeanors.
- Conviction of any domestic violence related offense.
- Any felony conviction.
- Any felony adjudication as a juvenile.
- Self-admitted commission of any felony as an adult.
- Applicant is currently subject to any restraining order pursuant to a domestic violence proceeding, or which prohibits them from possessing a firearm.
- Any pattern of criminal activity (self admitted or otherwise).
- Falsified a written report.
- Given perjured sworn testimony at any time as an adult.
- Offering or paying a bribe at any time.
- Current or former member or supporter of any group that seeks to alter the form of government of the United States of America by unconstitutional means.
- Prior conduct that could bring discredit upon the Department, or the individual
Previous Law Enforcement
- Soliciting or accepting a bribe at any time as a law enforcement officer.
- Giving false statements or falsifying a report at any time as a law enforcement officer.
- Use of any illegal drug, on or off duty, while employed as a law enforcement officer.