The following criteria will cause the disqualification of an applicant from the selection process for any position with the Arvada Police Department.
- Use of marijuana in any form within the last year.
- Any arrest for Driving Under the Influence for alcohol or drugs in the last five years, unless case was dismissed.
- Influence of any other illegal drug within the last five years.
- Any production, cultivation, transportation or sale of illegal drugs.
- Any instance of fraudulently obtaining a prescription medication or controlled substance, or forging a prescription order.
- Evidence of current excessive alcohol use.
- Any citation for reckless driving or speed contest/drag racing in the last five years (determined by cited offense, not by plea disposition).
- Any driver's license revocation, denial, suspension, or cancelation within the last five years.
- Any driver's license revocation as a Habitual Traffic Offender.
- Any Hit and Run accidents within the last five years.
- Falsifying documentation of a college degree, transcript, or specialized training.
- Falsifying documentation of law enforcement certification.
- Knowingly falsifying requested information during the selection process.
- Cheating on any portion of the selection process.
- Any dishonorable discharge from military service.
- Conviction of any crimes prohibiting P.O.S.T Board certification (police officer applicants only). To see "misdemeanors affecting certification" by P.O.S.T., go to Colorado POST Disqualifying Misdemeanors.
- Conviction of any domestic violence related offense.
- Any felony conviction.
- Any felony adjudication as a juvenile.
- Self-admitted commission of any felony as an adult.
- Applicant is currently subject to any restraining order pursuant to a domestic violence proceeding, or which prohibits them from possessing a firearm.
- Any pattern of criminal activity (self admitted or otherwise).
- Falsified a written report.
- Given perjured sworn testimony at any time as an adult.
- Offering or paying a bribe at any time.
- Current or former member or supporter of any group that seeks to alter the form of government of the United States of America by unconstitutional means.
- Prior conduct that could bring discredit upon the Department, or the individual
Previous Law Enforcement
- Soliciting or accepting a bribe at any time as a law enforcement officer.
- Giving false statements or falsifying a report at any time as a law enforcement officer.
- Use of any illegal drug, on or off duty, while employed as a law enforcement officer.